Written by Shanna Kirkpatrick, Owner
The weather’s a little cooler, the year is coming to a close, and the feeling of Christmas is in the air! Winter is upon us, and we know that folks in the Friendswood area are ready to find fun, low cost ways to spend time out and about with their families.
At Chara, we’ve been around long enough to experience many local events and would love to recommend some of our favorites, all happening now through March!
1. Santa’s Food Truck Saturday hosted by Stanfield Properties [December 1st]
Enjoy Free professional photos with Santa, a moonwalk, and amazing food truck cuisine. This is a fun annual event!
2. City of Friendswood’s Flapjack 5K Fun Run [December 1st]
Ready to get some fresh air and then enjoy some free pancakes? This event is for kids and adults alike.
3. Friendswood High School Theatre presents A Christmas Carol [December 1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th, and 9th]
These talented teens will perform A Christmas Carol this year. Tickets still available!
4. The Girl with the Matchsticks [December 2nd]
Friendswood Contemporary Ballet is performing an original ballet “The Girl with the Matchsticks” at Friendswood Junior High.
Tickets available at: http://friendswoodcontemporaryballet.com/the-girl-with-the-matchsticks/
5. Friendswood Historical Society’s Tree Lighting [December 4th]
Join us at the Frank J. Brown Museum at 7:00pm for our Annual Tree lighting ceremony
6. Friendswood Public Library activities [December 6th]
From regular story times to family fun nights, the library offers a full calendar of events. Chara even holds a free community dance class at the library called Reading and Rhythms.
7. City of Friendswood’s Santa in the Park [December 8th]
With parades, rides, food, a tree lighting, and REAL SNOW this event is something you do not want to miss. (Bonus: Chara dancers perform at 3:30pm!)
8. Minimester and Imagine That! Saturday camps at Chara [December 15]
It’s never too late to try dance! With Chara’s Minimester classes starting January 7th and Imagine That! Camps all year long, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
9. Sugar Plum Market Village [December 16th]
Families can come and shop local vendors while enjoying fun activities for the kids, food, and a visit from Santa.
10. Texas Music Fest in March [March 2nd]
Enjoy Downtown Friendswood during this family-friendly celebration full of music that makes you want to dance!
We know Friendswood is one of the best places to live and work, and we hope you have the chance to enjoy some of these lively and entertaining events in our one-of-a-kind community!